Monday, June 8, 2009

Ode to the Green Eyed Lady...


Tragedy struck the Bergs last week. Someone with King County's "Traveling Library System" crashed into our precious little green car, the Green Eyed Lady (aptly named by my former roommate, Suzy).

Never mind that she had not been driven for many months, she holds a special place in my heart as my first official car. She took me all over BYU campus, back and forth between Seattle and Utah, and finally, all over Seattle.

She even helped bring Hyrum and I together when one night after Institute, he helped push her for me when she wouldn't start.

When Savannah arrived, we stuffed her car seat in the tiny backseat and she patiently endured many bumpy rides. We will miss the Green Eyed Lady. May she rest in peace...or pieces....

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! That's horrible!! I have so many memories with this car too. You and Hyrum driving it around when you were dating...tears...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad. You should kick the library truck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the memories. So sad! She is going to a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's just a scratch - I'm sure she'll be fine. ;) Jammer! - I loved that car - I loved that you took pity on me so many times and drove me around in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ultra Mega Bummer Dude! I can't believe Green Eyes is kicking the bucket, my friend!!!! I still remember Dr. Whosits from horrible marketing class trying to make his point about Saturn sports cars being marketed to college females and you raising your hand....

    So, will you donate your car to a charitable organization? Or will you need to report a gain on the insurance proceeds? Or will it be a casualty loss?

    ReplyDelete