Monday, August 17, 2009

Quinn the Chess Guy

On Saturday, Hyrum and I were very excited to see our dear friend, Quinn Hubbard! We met when I was working at KPMG...soooo very long ago. Quinn is an excellent photographer and a master chess player, so naturally, we had to take some pictures and play a few rounds of chess.

Well - I didn't play chess, because I get too frustrated, impatient and angry, but Hyrum was up to the challenge. Notice how Quinn has a book that he is pulling his moves from. What a cheater! Actually, he has it memorized and was using it to teach some moves to Hyrum. If you look closely, you can see Savannah's little arm reaching for some veggies...

And here are some of the pictures Quinn took of us:

It's nice for a change to actually be in the pictures. I am usually the one holding the camera.




Quinn - you will need to come back soon. We already miss you!

3 comments:

  1. I love the family pictures!! It's nice to see your face, Tawni! Savannah is such a big girl now...I can't wait to see you guys next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the family picture of you guys standing made me laugh - not because you look funny - you look fabulous as a matter of fact and it's a very cute picture - i had to laugh because it reminded me of the many pictures I have of you hiding at least half your body behind mine or behind a bush or building or fence...:) If our mission pictures were digital and if I could post a picture in a comment, I'd show you what i'm talking about....but I think we both know... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zuster Manda! You are on to me!! I knew exactly what I was doing, b/c I really don't want to be in pictures right now. I still have about 40 pounds to go after baby #2 - same as after the mission. Makes sense I would hide. I can't believe you remember that!

    ReplyDelete