Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Viv!


Vivian is finally four months old! At her checkup, we found out that she weighs 12 lbs. 12 oz and is 26 inches long. That puts her in the 35% for weight and the 95% for height! I think she is going to be tall and thin like her dad and big sister.

I have to admit that I am not very good with tiny newborns. Both of our girls have been high maintenance (Savannah much more than Vivian), and the last few months have been exhausting. Viv was very fussy when we took her places. I spent a lot of the time at church in the mother's lounge trying to get her to stop crying. Whenever I took her to Young Women activities, she ended up crying and I would usually have to leave early. Evenings were particularly hard, because she would cry for at least an hour or two every night, and there were many times I just wanted to get in the car and drive away!

Luckily, the fussiness and long bouts of crying for no apparent reason are fading quickly as she matures and gets into a sleep schedule. She is getting to be a lot more fun with big smiles and giggles. One of her favorite things is to be held by Savannah. She always looks for her in the room when she hears her talking. I get the feeling that they will be good friends.

On a side note, another difficulty of having a newborn is not the newborn, but the sibling toddler. Savannah is very good at waiting until I am distracted with Viv's poopy diapers to get into my makeup and other things that are off limits. I frequently find her in the bathroom racing to try on every lipstick before I discover her. Her latest was accomplishment was washing her own hair. She managed to reach the shampoo and lather her hair. What a mess!

4 comments:

  1. Smart girl! At least she knows to use real shampoo!!! (as opposed to windex/tobassco/or peanut butter) It took us years to convince our girls that shampoo was the ticket, and that cleanliness in general was more than a parental superstition. I LOVE the sister picture, they are so cute together <3 xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are through with the "hard baby times" Yey! I hope you are getting more sleep!! I can't wait for Seiju to have a siblings too... I hope they will get along!
    Love the photos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Seiju saw the picture of two of them and said, "I want a sister too. I like boys too, but I also like girls. I want my Vivian." We will see about that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, that is hilarious! Only a girl though, my boys will probably never be caught trying to wash themselves.
    I so hope 'the hard times' are over. I am with you, I don't love the newborn stage, I like them so much more after 6 months (don't get me wrong, I am no baby hater, I just like them better later!)

    ReplyDelete